الخميس، 4 فبراير 2016

Filled Under:

Virginia coach stops hit-and-run driver on recruiting trip: 'I watch too much Cops'

Virginia assistant football coach Mark Atuaia was on a recruiting trip in Davie, Fla., last Wednesday when his cop instincts kicked in.

As he was leaving a Publix grocery store, he saw a woman get hit by a car. Witnessing that is crazy enough, but then he saw the car drive off as if nothing happened.

SIGNING DAY: Winners and losers | Texas | Bama | Michigan

"It was surreal," he said, via the Richmond Times-Dispatch. "I see the car, and it didn't stop."

So what did Atuaia do? He sprang into action.

"My car was still on, so I put it into drive, and I went to chase the car. All I was going to try to do was just get a license plate then come back." He eventually pinned the car in at a nearby stoplight until a security guard arrived.

His wife said he is "an idiot." He admits it was kind of a crazy thing to do.

"I watch too much 'Cops'," he said with a laugh.

Overall, he's happy he was able to help out. A nearby security guard stopped by to take care of the driver and police helped the woman who was hit. She was treated at a medical center.



from Sporting News RSS http://ift.tt/20tEANi
via

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق